New Albany Street Sweeping Schedule
Grantline Road Culvert Replacement
The Grantline Road Culvert replacement project at 2200 Grantline Road was completed June 2014…
Reno & Market Localized Drainage Improvement Project
This is the second project funded by the $6 million storm water bond. The project was completed September 2014…
North of Meide Drive Basin
The detention basin north of Meide Drive is being constructed to give flooding relief to the Daisy Lane area near Falling Run creek. Construction was completed November 2014
The Storm Water department is pleased to present a new era of in-house improvements. While the importance of outsourcing large scale projects such as the six million dollar bond is still needed we are working towards limiting the unnecessary outsourcing of projects that we feel is within our departments ability to perform. To date, the department has made in-house improvements to numerous points in the system ranging from point repairs to installing new systems. These projects help our department cut cost by only having to accrue fees associated with the material. By cutting unnecessary cost we are not only able to perform more improvements to the system we are able to keep from raising any rates associated with Storm Water funding. We would like to take an opportunity to update you of some of the larger scale projects we have performed in-house:
- Virginia Avenue: Installation of new storm sewer
- 2400 Block E Elm Street: Installation of new Storm sewer
- 1400 Block South St.: Replacement of pipe lines.
- Dennison Avenue: Installation of new storm sewer
- North Pine view: Installation of new storm sewer
- 913 Pennwood: Replacement of exisintg Storm sewer.
- Old Vincennes Road,: Installation of new storm structure/sewer.
- Mellwood: Re-routing of 30″ Storm sewer. With Installation of two new Storm structures
- 1514 Sunset Drive: Installation of new storm sewer
- 1300 Block Valley view: Installation of new Storm system
- 700 Block W 8th Street: Catch Basin rebuild.
- 3409 Greenvalley Road: Replacement of complete system
- 2000 Block of Linda Drive: Replacement of 18″ main outlet/Outfall for surrounding area
- Greenview & Edgemont: Replacement of curb.
- North Y: Grantline & Charlestown Road Intersection
- Genung Drive: Replacement of culvert
- Tammy Court: Replacement of culvert
- Kroger Detention Basin
We have made several minor to large scale point repairs to the system as well as to the storm structures throughout New Albany. We would like to welcome you to check in with us on upcoming in-house projects.